Saturday, May 22, 2010

Forever Young.

These past few days I've learned a couple of things that might change me. But I guess it's all about the pain that makes you feel alive, right?


Letting go is the hardest. Doing the right thing is the hardest. And deflating your ego, your stubbornness is the hardest. Here I thought, just completing assignments was hard. The number 42 is hard. But I've realized there is more to life than assignments, grades, money, action and a lot of 'must haves'. Yes, I'm 16 and I know it's a little early for me to decide that but I think I'm mature enough to understand. And it's not like I'm not going be successful, get rich, get grades or whatever else. Because I have to. These things are something we wouldn't do without. I am not good-looking enough to get married at 20 to a rich, 'changa-munda', not smart enough to be a female Einstein. Actually, not anything enough. So I'll have to prove myself. But this post is not about that.

The right thing. What is the right thing anyway? Right could be wrong to some, or just be a lie to someone else. Perception? But it's evident when something IS the RIGHT thing. Like...

Letting go. Obviously, this only applies to things you love. And all I hear about is couples in 'love' and then two days later they're seeing other people. Maybe it's their way of moving on, maybe they don't like to stick around for the person they love when things are going bad. Walking out is the easiest. But what do you do when the thing you love, that feeling you love has reached its endpoint? I mean nothing lasts forever, so how can something like this? How do you accept that it's over, or maybe it never really began? How do you let go of the one thing that makes you tick? The one thing that you'd do anything for, and I mean anything?

If you love something, let it go. If it returns, it's forever yours. What if this thing loses its path? Wants to return but doesn't know how to? What if you cannot keep it forever? What if when it returns, the love's gone? What if it never returns? Is one supposed to sit and wait till forever ends? Accept heartbreak?

I agree, heartbreaks are a part of life, I've accepted them and their nature. I'm used to them by now, in fact. And I've also realized pain is inevitable. However much you avoid it, try to deny it, someone or the other is going to hurt you. In probably the worst way possible. But in the end it's all about the memories, right? Especially so if you end up with Alzheimer's. Don't you feel the need to have someone to just hold you when things go wrong? Cuddle up to you when you're sick? Or just maybe walk a while with you? I do. I bet everyone does. That's the best part, you know? People want that happy something, someone but when the person's right there, you can never take them. Because again, in human nature, you never want what you can have.

I know, I've strayed a little but I think it's like therapy, just writing everything out. And the best part is, after all of this, I've realized, letting go might just be necessary. Maybe not for you, but the others. Hopefully, you'll get back what you let go of, because maybe, just maybe, in probably a whole different dimension, it's all going to work out.

Till then, just sit back, enjoy the ride, get a beer and stare at very fun-tastic people.

P.S- I have a feeling this kinda seems like The Break Up; the Jennifer Anniston movie, of course.

5 comments:

  1. I feel ya, mate.
    Let it all go, it's all gonna be good.
    After all, what are friends for? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'People who dont need people are the H-A-P-P-I-E-S-t people.' - Dilbert

    Well,there are so many questions,but not one decent answer! *_*

    so till then,we shall sit back and enjoy the ride..:P

    Cheers to life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the best you ever have is just a memory and those dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, thank you, Adhishree. :)

    @ The Blue Periwinkle(I don't know what your name is but I think you wanted it that way)- Dilbert FTW! :D And yes, that's all. Chilled beers at al!

    @ gypsyontherocks- True. Completely... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And as for the comments in Mandarin, yeah. Nothing there. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

shoot this post down!